Thursday 31 October 2013

The Pots

On my desk I have two pots - these are very important to me. I love colour, absolutely love it, I can't have notes without having some sort of colour on them. I never used to be like that, I would do everything in black pen and my teachers would despair because my work looked horrible, untidy and scratchy (mainly because I'd put no effort in), but eventually I gave in. Simply just to get them off my back, I added colour, and eventually I started to like it.

I have two metallic mesh pots that I bought from Wilkinsons and then I have some pins stuck to my pin board which keep some of my other pieces of stationary tidy.


Number 1:
Colouring pencils - keep these facing up and obviously keep them sharpened!
Colouring pens - face these downwards so the ink is sat at the tip of the pen, it is much better in terms of getting the most out of your pens

Number 2:
Boring stuff
- black pens
- blue pens
- red pens
- HB pencils
- scissors
- ruler

On the wall:
- memory stick - so I always know where it is
- rubber
- sharpener

 As far as brands go, I have Crayola colouring pencils (which are very good) but you can use any, if its just for notes then any colouring pencil will do, my colouring pens are Sainsbury's home brand, so that will do for pencils as well. My pens and HB pencils are from Staples, I was given them as a "off to uni" present. I'm pretty sure my rubber and sharpened are from Sainsbury's as well, but again just get any.

Now I know this seems like such a simple, almost patronising or stupid post, but its important to consider where on your desk, or which drawer you're going to keep the important stationary in. It needs to be accessible to the point where you don't have to make much effort to get it. You need to know where the important things are! Nothing wastes time more than having to search for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment